Friday 19 February 2010

Software "Install"

One morning we get a knock on the door and a man comes in with his laptop.

"I have brought my laptop up as I was told if I did, you guys would install some software for me." He tells us.

"No problem" we say. "Which software would you like installed?"

"Oh, anything you have got." He says "Throw it all on."

"We have dozens of pieces of software" we tell him. "Is there anything in particular that you needed?"

"No not really. I was just told to come up and get it installed. Just install it all and it'll be there if I need it."

Upon examining the laptop, it turns out it didn't even belong to the company and he wasn't licensed to use 95% of our software. The software he was legible to have had come pre-installed.
After complaining that we were unhelpful, he left puzzled. Not nearly as puzzled as we were. We never did find out who told him to come up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts