Monday 21 December 2009

Password Resets

Hundreds of times a week, we have the same conversation over and over with users. It usually goes something like this:

User: "I can't get my email."

Me: "OK, are you getting an error?"

User: "Yes."

Me: "What does it say?"

User: "Dunno..."

Me: "Well can you read it out to me?"

User: "The Logon Username or Password is Incorrect."

Me: "So you can't logon?"

User: "No, thats what I said."

Me: "OK well that error means you are typing in the wrong username or password."

User: "No it's the right password."

Me: "Well I assume your name is spelt correctly (I would hope,) so it must be your password."

User: "No it's the right password, I used it yesterday. Uh, now it says I am locked out."

Me: "Thats because you have typed the wrong password in a few times and locked your account."

User: "No it's the right password."

Me: "Hum.. Well lets reset your password anyway and try again."

Password Reset, Account unlocked.

User: "It's working now. But it was the right password."

Clearly not...

1 comment:

Popular Posts