Tuesday 29 December 2009

It's not working...

"It's not working. It's completely screwed, I need a new one." The man insists as I stand in his office in front of his desk one morning.

"What seems to be the trouble?" I ask.

"I told you, it's dead. Kaput. You only put it in last week, cheap crap. You better replace it Today, I have reports to finish."

"Well have there been any other faults with it? Any problems yesterday?" I ask.

"No, no it was fine. I shut it down last night, came in this morning and switched it on as usual. I went to make my coffee, came back and it wasn't working."

"Please let me take a look." I offer.

"Well OK, but I don't know why you're bothering. I know a broken computer when I see one. I have been in the business for over fifteen years." he boasts.

I move around the desk and sure enough the computer, monitor and printer are all completely dead. Immediately I follow the cables around the wall to where a huge pile of files hide the four-plug extension block where all three are plugged in to.

"You know I have lots to do, why are messing around on the floor, when you should be replacing my equipment?"

CLICK

The printer begins to whirl, the monitors light flicks on and when I press the power button, the computer being to boot up.

The man stops dead in his tracks and stares at me like I am some sort of zombie.

"But... WHAT DID YOU DO?" He cries at the top if his voice.

"I plugged the extension lead in to the wall." I say "someone had unplugged it to power the coffee machine."

Across the room I hear a lady chuckle to herself.
Fifteen years isn't long enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts