Wednesday 16 December 2009

Please let there be sound

So, I get an irate phone call from a guy, furious that his "sound card" wasn't working. He was putting together a "very important" presentation and the numerous youtube videos he had embedded in to powerpoint where playing silently.

Automatically I asked (quite reasonably I thought) if he had turned the volume down on the PC or if it had been muted.

"Of course NOT, I am NOT that stupid." was the the reply. (No of course you're not!)

"Ok" I said "Please can you check your speaker connections. Make sure they are plugged in to the correct socket and that they are powered and switched on."

The phone went silent for an entire minute then after a small cough I heard in the background

"Speakers, ****, do I need speakers?"

The phone went dead...


I wonder how the presentation went?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts