Sunday 20 December 2009

Faulty "Data Ports"

"There's a big meeting in the board room, but they are having trouble loading the PowerPoint presentation, the laptop you lent them has faulty data ports." complains a lady, rushing in to our office with the utmost urgency.

So I make my way down to the board room, taking a spare laptop with me in case I need to make a switch. As I enter the room, fifteen accusing pairs of eyes in expensive suits set themselves upon me as if I am personally responsible for the fault.

I make my way over to the laptop as the eyes follow and receive a full 30 second ear bashing from the red-faced presenter, making sure I was up to date on his professional diagnosis. "My flash drive won't work in your laptop, the USB ports are faulty... etc etc etc..."

Calmly I examined the equipment only to discover that indeed his USB Flash Drive wasn't working... because he had plugged it in to the Ethernet port.

Of course I pointed out to him (in a reasonably loud voice) his mistake and plugged it in to the correct port. Clearly expensive suits aren't everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts