Thursday 31 December 2009

New Computer

A while ago we spent an entire fortnight upgrading all the Computers and Monitors in an entire Office Block. Nice new flat screen monitors. Faster systems with double the RAM, faster, dual core processors and keyboards and mice that haven't yet been violated by coffee or a bacon 'n' egg sandwich.

The Monday morning after we get a phone call:

"My Computer won't work." comes the reply

"What seems to be the problem?" I ask.

"It won't switch on."

"OK" I say "Can you check the power cable for me and make sure it's plugged in to the wall and that the sockets are switched on."

"Oh that's not the problem" he tells me. "I can't switch it on."

"What happens when you press the power button?" I ask him.

"Nothing. I keep pressing it over and over. It barely moves, I have to push really hard, but the computer doesn't come on. You may as well just bring my old one back."

"I see. I'll come and take a look for you."

10 Minutes later I am in his office. The computer on his desk is silent, I press the power button and it comes to life. Boots up correctly and logs on.

"The power button works and the computer seems fine" I tell him.

"Well it didn't work for me."

Just out of interest I asked him to try again. I shutdown the computer and ask him to power it back up.

"See, it won't work." He says to me his finger on the front of the PC. I looked over to where his finger is pointing at.

"That's because you are pressing the Dell logo. NOT the power button." I tell him, biting my lip and trying my hardest not to laugh.

Unfazed the man just shrugged and asked "Can I have my old computer back? That one worked fine."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts